Ginger Beer

I wrote a few months back about producing a Ginger beer that would be made on Gonave and then sold to different markets in the Caribbean.  Well I finished the project and did a few notes.

One being that this would be a great beer to sell in many different markets.  The amount of raw ingredients used, and the amount of LME (liquid malt extract) and DME (dry malt extract) was not overwhelming.  The goal is to make a beer that is fast to produce, great tasting, and very cheap to make.  This will allow the product to sell for a low starting price.

Things that I want to look into more.  To me Ginger beer isn't really my favorite.  While many like it, I just find that the ginger can be a bit overwhelming.  Sure I can solve this many different ways, including more water, and less ginger.  While you get a nice tropical taste due to the citrus involved, it is a beer that is designed for someone who wants a refreshing drink.

With that said, I will give this beer another shot.  I will not put out a product unless I am crazy about it.  So we will see where this goes.

Go Gonave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Gonave could serve as the template for all of Haiti

Flag of Gonave?

Carnival Cruise to build port in Haiti/Carnival Cruise yo bati pò an Ayiti